Of the flavors listed below which 6 would you like to judge, in order of preference:
Commercial pies are entered in the following flavors (Amateur and/or Professional and Junior Chefs pie flavors are indicated with a *):
Things to know:
Pies are entered in 1 of 9 categories in the commercial division
- Family Pies – Wholesale Cost under $3
- Premium Pies – Wholesale Cost under $5
- Gourmet Pies – Wholesale Cost under $7
- Super Gourmet – Wholesale Cost over $7
- Single Serving Slice, Single Serving Turnover, Single Serving Pie
- Independent Bakers – Pies from retail bakers costing over $7
Pies are judged on the following criteria
- Pre-Slicing: Consistency of crust or topping
- After- Slicing (exception of single serving): Runniness, juiciness or firmness
- Overall Taste: Rate your first bite
A Closer Look
- Flavor (Strength and balance)
- Mouthfeel (appropriateness)
- Crust (Flaky, soggy, mealy)
- Consider the memorableness of the pie
- Are you impressed?
Creativity (New Product Category only – Commercial, Amateur, Professional and Junior Chef only)
How original is this pie?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a pie judge….
You will be contacted if you are selected to become a judge at the APC Crisco National Pie Championships. Judges will meet at 9:00 AM on Friday, April 26th, Saturday, April 27th and/or Sunday, April 28th at the Caribe Royale, 8101 World Center Dr., Orlando, FL. Please arrive promptly as a brief training session will take place at this time. Depending on the number of pies entered, pie judging should end at approximately 3:30 PM. A light lunch will be served on Friday and Saturday if judging goes beyond 1:00 PM. Please keep in mind that you need to be available for the entire period of time.
Hotel Reservations must be made before 3/30/13. Please call the Caribe Royale 888-258- 7501 or book on-line to receive your reduced rate of $129. Please keep in mind this hotel will fill early.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, please contact Linda Hoskins at 847-371-0170.