Chocolate Mousse Mint Pie
2013 APC Crisco National Pie Championships Professional Division
1st Place Crisco Classic Chocolate
Andy Hilton, Davenport, FL
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees for baking the crust
1/2 cup Butter flavor crisco
18 oz. oreo cookies
In a food processor, process the Oreo Cookies to a crumb. Melt the Butter Crisco microwave and pour into the cookie crumbs mix with a fork until everything is moist. Place buttery crumb into a 9” pie pan. Spread the crumb out evenly along the bottom and sides of the pan. (Use a second pie pan to press down on the crumb.) Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven to cool.
Sweeten Mint Cream Cheese
16 oz Cream Cheese, at room temp
¾ cup sugar
1.5 tsp Mint Extract
Sweeten Cream Cheese:
Beat room temp cream cheese with a mixer until smooth, add sugar and beat smooth. Blend in Mint.
16 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
3 egg yolks
8 oz Milk Chocolate
3 egg whites
8 tbs Butter unsalted
¼ cup powdered sugar
3 tsp Mint Extract
3 cups heavy cream
1. Gently melt Butter and Chocolate Chips in a double boiler, this will be thicker than not. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat egg whites and salt to form soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and beat to stiff peaks
3. Beat the 3 cups of heavy cream to stiff peaks
4. Add egg yolks to the cooled chocolate and blend
5. Fold egg whites into the chocolate
6. Fold Whipped Cream into the egg whites and chocolate add Mint and gently blend.
Add a ½ layer of sweeten mint cream cheese to the pie crust. Fill the balance of the crust with mousse over sweeten cream cheese mint layer cover with plastic and place pie in the refrigerator over night.
Garnish with whipped cream and enjoy